Meeting called to order at 1900. New trustee, Nathan Hans was welcomed.
Adoption of Agenda: Approved 4-0.
Public Comment: None
President’s Report: President Karis-Nix reported that the Library Director is resigning and that we will need to hire a new director. We will need to set up a Search Committee. Marge Harris, Ryan Mullahy, and Nathan Hans volunteered to comprise this committee. The President also set a transition committee made up of herself, Janet Hiser, and Amy Peker. Amy Peker will develop a draft 2015 budget prior to her departure on 9 NOV 14.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes for the September 2014 meeting were approved 7-0.
Director’s Report: The Director’s Report is attached as appendix (1). The Director also submitted a Personnel Memorandum, dated 20 OCT 14 with the following issues:
- A request to hire a substitute library aide at $9.50/hour, effective 20 OCT 14. The person selected is Ann Cataldo.
- Resignation of Amy Peker, as Library Director, effective 9 NOV 14.
Friends Report: Barb Kelp of the Friends of CPL reported that their Halloween Parade is slated for 1 Nov 14, and their annual Barnes & Noble fundraiser is slated for 22 NOV 14.
- Administrative Committee: No report
- Finance Committee: The Treasurer’s Report is attached as appendix (2). The check detail was approved 7-0.
- Operations/Capital projects: A grand opening for the renovated library will likely occur next year in conjunction with the hiring of a new director. A letter was received from the Village of Castleton, requesting that the library help offset some of the village’s expenses related to the library room renovations. This letter is attached as appendix (3). Since the letter lacked sufficient information to make a decision, and no representative from the village board attended the meeting, it was determined that any response will be delayed until at least December when the library board meets again. In the mean-time, the President will email the Mayor with the status of the request.
New Business: None.
Public Comment: None.
Executive Session: The board entered executive session at 2005, for the purpose of discussing personnel issues. The board re-entered public session at 2023, and voted on the matter of authorizing up to $5000 for expenditures related to the search for a new library director. This was approved, 7-0.
The meeting was adjourned at 2026.