- Janet Hiser, Olivia Karis-Nix, Don McKnight, Faith Schottenfeld, Doreen Truesdell
- There were no changes to the proposed meeting agenda. It was adopted by a vote of 5-0.
- Jen Pratico reiterated the request for President Karis Nix to come to a village board meeting and discuss the library’s response to the dual-use library concept as proposed by members of the Schodack Central School Board.
- President Karis-Nix introduced Brad Kingsburg of Creative Library Concepts. Mr. Kingsburg made a presentation to the board on the concept for library refurbishment. A copy of his proposal is attached as enclosure (3).
- Treasurer Hiser motioned to adopt the January minutes with no changes. Trustee Schottenfeld seconded. Approved 5-0.
- See attached as enclosure (1). Trustee Schottenfeld noted that the CPL website trustee page was outdated and also asked the Director to check if meeting minutes can be accessed through the dropbox. The director mentioned that she wanted launch the new website as soon as possible.
- There was no report from the Friends of the Castleton Library.
- Administrative Committee: Trustee Schottenfeld reported that the evaluation reports for the Director and the Board have been submitted and she will be e-mailing the summary results. She and President Karis-Nix will meet with the Director for her annual performance review.
- Finance Committee/Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Hiser reviewed the attached Treasurer’s report, enclosure (2). Treasurer Hiser submitted a detail list of checks and debits for the previous month for approval by the board. A motion to approve the attached list of checks and debits was made by Trustee McKnight and seconded by Vice President Truesdell. Approved 5-0.
- Strategic Planning: Trustee McKnight and Vice President Truesdell addressed the progress of the project. The sub-committee had met on 10 FEB14 and developed a shell for a Strategic Plan Outline that covered three fundamental areas. These areas included Community Engagement, Technology, and Financial Sustainability. Vice President Truesdell had developed a more detailed Outline based on these three areas. It was determined during the course of discussion that modification to the Technology area is probably warranted. Based on the results of the discussion, President Karis-Nix directed that the subcommittee commence drafting a preliminary Strategic plan. Based on this draft, further research and areas of concerns may be identified.
- A motion was made by Trustee McKnight and seconded by Treasurer Hiser to request to amend the library charter. Specifically, the amendment will change the trustee term of service from seven years to three years. Approved 5-0.
Meeting adjourned at 2140.
- Director’s Report
- Treasurer Report, including check detail
- Creative Library Concept proposal for library refurbishment
Printable version of February Minutes