The first prize in the raffle drawing is the Kaya American Girl doll, including many of Kaya's accessories (total estimated retail value of $600.00). The second prize is clothing and accessories for the Julie American Girl doll (total estimated retail value of $100.00). The third prize in the raffle drawing is an American Girl doll nightgown with lace and ribbon trim with matching bonnet (estimated retail value $25.00). More information about each of the raffles can be found below. Questions about the raffle can be sent to email@example.com or by phone at 518-732-0879.
First Prize - American Girl Kaya Doll, Clothing, and Accessories (total estimated retail value of $600.00)
Who is Kaya? Kaya is a young girl from the Nimiipuu or Nez Perce tribe living in the pre-contact Northwest in 1764. Chronologically, Kaya's adventures are the earliest of the historical characters in the American Girl series, and is the brand's only Native American doll to date. Kaya is also unique in that she is the only doll in the series not to show teeth, as per tribal custom. The 18" Kaya doll has a huggable cloth body, and her movable head and limbs are made of smooth vinyl.
The Kaya prize includes:
- Kaya American Girl doll
- Wooden storage trunk for doll and clothing
- Kaya's fringed, faux-deerskin dress trimmed with colorful embroidery, trade beads, and pretend elk's teeth, matching light tan moccasins with self-tie closures, and woven belt.
- Kaya's jingle dress with matching fringed moccasins.
- Kaya's basic faux-deerskin dress with matching moccasins and belt.
- Kaya's pow wow fancy shawl oufit (retired design), including fringed shawl, blouse, vest, ruffled skirt, woven yoke, fringed moccasins, scarf with a beaded rosette, and hair beaded rosettes and ribbons.
- Kaya's 1st Edition "Dance Dress of Today" outfit (retired design), including white beaded and embroidered dress, the necklace, apron/belt, hair ornament, and matching moccasins
- Kaya's faux-fur-trimmed lace-up moccasins and mittens.
- Kaya's hood with real feathers and faux-fur trim.
- Kaya's faux-fur blanket.
- Kaya's headpiece comb with embroidered ribbon and real feathers.
- Kaya's doll & lace-up cradle board.
- Kaya's teepee.
- Kaya's shield.
- Kaya's saddle (horse not included).
- Kaya's patterned woven bag with handles.
- Kaya's patterned woven pouch.
- Kaya's faux-porcupine-quill necklace.
- Kaya's food set, incuding a woven basket with a colorful carrying strap used for gathering food, a variety of pretend foods, a faux horn bowl to prepare foods, and a tule mat for serving.
- Kaya's hair shells and ties.
- Kaya's plain faux-leather slippers.
- Patterned cloth bookmark for book Kaya Learns a Lesson.
Second Prize - American Girl Julie's Clothing (total estimated retail value of $100.00).
Who is Julie? Julie Albright is a young girl living in San Francisco, California in the mid-1970s. Her six-book series focuses on various changes and societal upheavals in American society during that time period.
The Julie prize includes:
- Julie's classic outfit from 1974 San Francisco, including peasant top, multicolored turtleneck, bell-bottom jeans, braided belt, butterfly-printed underwear, and platform sandals.
- Julie's accessories (retired design): A purple crocheted cap, a metal necklace with a "Julie" name charm, a faux-suede purse with printed flower detail, and a pretend Bicentennial quarter.
- Julie's paisley print pajamas with matching sequined slippers (retired design).
- Clear plastic jelly shoes.
Third Prize - American Girl Nightgown (estimated retail value $25.00).
The third prize in the raffle drawing is a white nineteenth-century style American Girl doll nightgown with lace and ribbon trim, with matching cap.