Important Information about Visiting Inside the Library
- Library visits are for a maximum of 60 minutes. You are limited to one visit per day.
- In-building library service offers walk-in service at reduced capacity (10 people).
- We currently offer access to one public computer station that can be used for up to 60 minutes. Access to the public computer is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Use is limited to a maximum of 60 minutes per person, per day.
- We do not currently offer meeting space, newspapers, or toys & games. Sitting on the floor of the library, or in the hallway area, is not permitted.
- Masks are required for everyone age 2 and older who enters the building (if you cannot wear a mask, we can help you through our curbside pick-up service -- see below for details). Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please avoid coming into the library. If you’re experiencing symptoms or are otherwise sick, we are happy to provide you with curbside pick-up service (see below for details).
In-Library Copy/Print/Fax Services
- You are welcome to visit any time during our hours of operation to print documents, make copies, or send a fax.
- Our public computer station can be used to print documents.
- For remote printing and faxing, send your document(s) to email@example.com, along with how many copies you need and whether in color or black & white. Once your order is completed, one of our staff members will email you to let you know your order is ready for pick-up.
- There is no charge for copy/print/fax services during this time (maximum of 20 pages per person, per day).
Curbside Pick-Up Service
- For your convenience, we continue to offer curbside pick-up service.
- Pick-ups can be arranged during our hours of operation. We will do our best to have orders ready immediately for those who drop by without calling -- however, calling in advance is recommended, as it will assure your order is ready for you when you arrive.
- All pick-ups will take place at the rear entrance of the library on First Street. When you arrive for your pick-up appointment, call the library at 518-732-0879 and a staff member will bring your items to you. Your items will already be checked out and a receipt will be bundled with your items.
- We cannot accept returns curbside. If you have items to return, please put them in our outdoor book drop, located on the front lawn.
- Curbside print/fax services: Have a document that you need printed, or a digital document you need to fax? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with how many copies you need and whether in color or black & white (for print jobs), number to be faxed to (for fax orders) and your phone number. Once your order is ready, one of our staff members will call you to arrange pick-up of your order. If you have hard copies to copy or fax, come to the rear door when you arrive for your appointment and we will take the originals inside to process your order. There is no charge for copy/print/fax services during this time (maximum of 20 pages per person, per day).
- You can return items in our outdoor or indoor book drops.
- All late fees/fines will be waived during this time.
- To place an order for specific titles: Request books, DVDs and other materials online using our online catalog or by calling 518-732-0879. Holds will be filled in the order they are requested. You will be notified by an automated email or robocall when your materials are ready for pickup. After you receive the automated notification, visit the library to pick up your items in the building, or call 518-732-0879 to make a curbside pick-up appointment. You will have 7 days to pick up your item(s). After 7 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- Interested in a genre or topic rather than specific titles (for example, cozy mystery books for an adult, or transportation-themed picture books for a preschooler)? We can create a book or DVD bundle for you! Call 518-732-0879 to speak to a staff member about ordering a bundle of up to 5 items.
- If you no longer want to check out the items you requested, please call 518-732-0879 and ask a staff member to cancel your hold or visit your library account online to cancel your hold.
Health and Safety
- All customers and staff will be required to wear masks when they are in the building for the foreseeable future. If you are unable to wear a mask, we are happy to provide you with curbside service.
- For detailed information regarding our reopening plan, please see the board-approved Phased Reopening Plan and NY Forward Safety Plan. Our Phased Reopening Plan is a guide for our gradual reopening, which is designed to incorporate safety protocols for our community and staff, with services gradually increasing as public health guidance evolves. Although we use the word "phase" in our reopening plan, CPL's phases are not directly tied to the NYS reopening phases.