- Charges for overdue items are added to your account. Unless you pay upon their return, you will be asked to settle the account before transacting any other business, including the use of a computer.
- Fines are charged for each day the library is open and the item is not returned. To avoid fines, return material before the library closes on the due date.
- All checks returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $25.00 administration fee.
- CPL accepts checks and cash for payments of fines and Lost CPL items.
- CPL will only accept CHECKS (no cash) for UHLS Lost Items. We will accept cash if the lost item belonged to the Castleton Public Library.
28 Days – Fine of $.10 per day up to $5.00*
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Large print books
- Music CDs
14 Days – Fine of $.10 per day up to $5.00*
- New adult fiction and nonfiction books
14 Days – Fine of $1.00 per day up to $5.00*
- Fishing Poles
- Metal Detectors
- Home Energy Loss Detectors
7 Days – Fine of $.10 per day up to $5.00*
- All DVDs
7 Days – Fine of $1.00 per day up to $5.00*
- Cake and Cookie Pans and Baking Accessories
3 Days – Fine of $1.00 per day up to $5.00*.
- Museum Passes
- An additional fee of $5.00 applies if museum pass returned to a library other than Castleton Public Library.
*A $15 maximum fine applies if you return all overdue materials and pay the fine on the same business day.
- Most items may be renewed up to two times. An item may not be renewed if it has been requested by another patron or if it has exceeded its renewal limit.
- To renew materials, present your card at the circulation desk and ask for renewal, call the library, or login to your library account online.
- You must supply your library card number to library staff when calling with a telephone renewal.
- Material from other libraries may be renewed at Castleton Public Library but are subject to the owning library’s renewal policy.