Social media is defined as any web application, site or account that facilitates the sharing of opinions and information about Library related subjects and issues. Formats include blogs, wikis, websites, listservs, social network pages, ratings and reviews of Library materials.
Castleton Public Library encourages the comments, posts, and messages of the community and recognizes and respects differences in opinion. All comments, posts, and messages are subject to review and the Castleton Public Library reserves the right to remove any comment, post, or message that it deems to be abusive, defamatory, in violation of intellectual property rights or otherwise inappropriate. The Library strongly recommends individuals, especially under the age of 18, refrain from posting personal information about themselves (ex. last names, school, age, phone numbers, addresses, etc.). The Castleton Public Library will not be held responsible or liable for any content posted by a subscriber to any Castleton Public Library forum.
The following will be immediately removed from any Castleton Public Library social media forum:
- Obscene, racist, homophobic, sexist, or any other hate-speech
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening comments
- Posts with personal information about other people
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized material
- Comments, links, or information not related to the forum
- Commercial promotions, spam, or political activity
Adopted: October 21,2013